JACKIE MASON CALLS OBAMA 'A SCHWARTZA': Comic says term is Yiddish for 'black person,' others say it’s the equivalent of the N-word.



*During a performance at Feinstein's at Loews Regency in NYC Friday night, Jewish comedian Jackie Mason used the term "schwartza" to describe President Barack Obama.


Depending on who you ask, the term is either a literal Yiddish translation of the word "black," or it's a racial epithet that is equivalent to the N-word in the Yiddish culture.


According to TMZ, at least one person walked out of Mason's show, telling the Web site "He's more offensive to the Jews than Madoff tonight."


Mason, however, is defending his use of the term. He told TMZ by phone, "I'm not going to defend myself. Chris Rock has told a lot more jokes about whites than I have against blacks. What about the demeaning words blacks say about Jews?"

Mason added, "If it's a racist society, the white people are the ones being persecuted because they have to defend themselves." Mason called people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson "professional racists."

The comic said, "I'm an old Jew. I was raised in a Jewish family where 'schwartza' was used. It's not a demeaning word and I'm not going to defend myself."

And there was this parting shot: "I'm more talented than Oprah Winfrey and look at how much she makes. I can't even make a living."

Mason has recorded a series of YouTube "vlogs" that have attacked Obama as a presidential candidate, the Democratic party nominee and the U.S. president. In the videos, he has called him a liar and a fraud, and accused him of playing the race card.


via http://www.eurweb.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog